Speaker: N. Sydney Moise, DVM, MS, DACVIM (SAIM and Cardiology)
Professor of Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
2:00-3:40 p.m. Updates in Cardiology
3:40-4:00 p.m. Break
4:00-4:50 p.m. Feline Electrocardiography
5:00-5:50 p.m. Vignettes of Case Presentations
- Updates In Cardiology - 2 CE credit hours
During this presentation, Dr. Moise will present some of the latest updates related to the treatment of congestive heart failure: the use of pimobendan, the use of biomarkers including NT proBNP and troponin, and updates in diagnostics to include 24-hour Holter monitoring and implantable loop recorders. There will be additional updates related to our understanding of some specific diseases: a RBC in boxers, DCM and Dobermans, and myocarditis and transient loss of consciousness in a number of breeds.
- Feline Electrocardiography - 1 CE credit hour
During this presentation, numerous examples of electrocardiograms from cats will be presented. Specific diagnostic clues in the evaluation feline electrocardiograms will be given, as well as points of treatment.
- Vignettes of Case Presentations – 1 CE credit hour
During this presentation, treatment decisions will be considered as they relate to diagnostics. Vignettes from actual cases will be used to illustrate points.
RSVP and Fee Information:
- CNYACE 2015 Members, RSVP received by 9 a.m. on Friday, April 10th: Free
- CNYACE 2015 Members, RSVP received after 9 a.m. on Friday, April 10th: $10 (both veterinarians and technicians)
- Non-CNYACE 2015 Members, RSVP required by 9 a.m. on Friday, April 10th: Veterinarians $75, Technicians $25
RSVP to: CNYACERSVP@yahoo.com (please include your name and hospital name in your RSVP)
Payments can be brought to the lecture or mailed to:
Central New York Academy of Continuing Education
c/o Vicki Bentley DVM
Clear Lakes Animal Wellness
5500-15 Bartell Road, Brewerton, NY 13029
Make checks payable to CNYACE.